Legacy web pages of Axel Beckert
Since I'm no more active at the Fachschaftsrat Informatik of
the University of Saarland anymore, I have transferred all my
university time legacy web pages from
http://fsinfo.cs.uni-sb.de/~abe/ to this interim host
at http://fsinfo.noone.org/~abe/ with only minimal
modifications, mainly e-mail addresses.
Most pages on this interim host won't be updated anymore until they
are moved (and redirected) step by step to their
future home somewhere under http://noone.org/.
Please also note that my former e-mail address
no more valid. Use firstname.lastname@example.org
Beckert, Zürich, 23rd of September 2007
Just another little Perl script... :-)
- 0.06.2 to 0.06.3
- Support WML pages which start without XML preamble or DOCTYPE declaration.
- 0.06.1 to 0.06.2
- Fixed deprecation warnings with Perl 5.22 about using literal control characters in variable names.
- 0.06 to 0.06.1
- Fixed POD errors in wApua and wbmp2xpm
- Minor cosmetic changes to unify comments, e-mail
addresss and copyright statements
- Removed trailing and leading whitespaces
- Updated homepage and other URLs to new location
- 0.05.1 to 0.06
- Slight overhaul over nearly all files
- Removed a lot of debug output which was printed anyway, added debug flags -d and --debug. Use -d 1 for previous default behaviour.
- wApua now is more pedantic about command line options and shows a short help if called with -h, --help or --usage. Same for wbmp2xbm.pl.
- wApua now optionally (see example config) inserts a line break after each link, like the Nokia 6210 does.
- Small modifications to Makefile.PL including 'make emacs' support ;-)
- Small cosmetic modifications to README and INSTALL
- DOCTYPE string parsing now knows more valid variations.
- Ability to show loaded perl libraries
- Bugfix: "view source" works again
- Renaming wbmp2xbm.pl to wbmp2xbm
- Bugfix: Clean initialisation of debug flag in wApua::WBMP2XBM
- Input sanitizing, --debug and --verbose flag for wbmp2xbm
- POD based man pages
- 0.05dev to 0.05.1
- Compatibiliy with newer Tk versions, especially 804.027 and above
- Documentation bugfix for how to install it locally
- Address change in the license
- 0.04dev to 0.05dev
- wApua now reads config files on startup and has
much more configuration possibilities. For
this reason also some default values have
changed (Home page, HTTP Accept-Languages
- Added a simple authentication dialog.
- Added a simple phone URL decoder.
- Added a right-click popup menu, which needs no
additional mouse movement to activate the
history back function.
- Added a stop button.
- Added (WBMP based) bitmap navigation buttons. (The
old text navigation buttons are still
available, just say
true in your
- If appropriate, the status bar shows number of
cards in the actual deck or image
- Different HTTP Accept headers for images and other
- wApua now uses the
HTML::Parser. So since now at
HTML::Parser 3.00 (more
precisely 2.99_06 :-) is necessary.
- Added again more informations (mostly used module
versions) to the internal page
- Added the wApua logo to the main
- The User-Agent header now conatins more
- wApua version (now with "
instead of "
- Perl version
- libwww-perl version
- perl/Tk version
- Value of
wApua::UserAgent now is a specialization of
- Added the wApua logo in the lower right corner of
the browser window.
- Fixed some minor bugs:
- Local images (URLs beginning with
file:/) are no more
- Fixed compilation problems under Perl
versions lesser than 5.006.
- Several bugs concerning history and/or
- Links in tables now set the cursor
- Improved "busy state".
- Improved (re-)initialising of the "do
- History-Back and -Forward functions now ring a
bell, if they're invoked (e.g. via key
bindings) and a history movement in that
direction isn't possible.
- Main and history menu now write something into the
- Some code clean up/improvements.
- MainWindow is coming up much earlier now.
- Fixed again some more bugs in key bindings.
- Updated a lot in the README file.
- 0.03dev to 0.04dev
- Changed the name from "wApua.pl" to "wApua".
- Added a RAM cache.
- Added the internal page
shows which pages are cached. It is also
accessible via menu.
- Comfortable installation via MakeMaker.
- Added a key bindings help page called
about:#keys, which replaced
about:#index in the menu.
- Fixed again some more bugs in key bindings.
- Improved WBMP support:
- Error messages are shown in the browser if
some image file doesn't exist or isn't
a supported WBMP file.
- The image dimension is shown, when the
mouse is over some WBMP image.
- Several minor bug fixes:
- When loading some WML page with inline
WBMPs, now the deck size (shown in the
status line) is really the deck size
and not the size of the last image
loaded, as before.
- Entities in labels of do-buttons are no
- Removed wrong data description in
- The text cursor doesn't appear anymore in
the text window.
- The cursor in text window now displays the
right cursor, also if some link was
highlighted in the meantime. It also
has now the
initially instead of
- After hitting enter in the location field,
the focus now goes back to the text
- Changed the default size from 420×260 to
- Improved internal pages
about:#env (now using
- Some performance improvements.
- Added an INSTALL file.
- 0.02dev to 0.03dev
- Added WBMP (Type 0) support
- Added timer support
- Added "Show source" function.
- Some minor bugfixes on doctype string parsing and
- Fixed some more bugs in key bindings
- Added a WBMP to XBM converter for command line use
- 0.01dev to 0.02dev
- Added proxy support via environment variables
- Fixed bug in MS-Windows and MacOS key bindings
- Added a README file :-)
- Initial release.
Copyright © 2000-2019 by
Mon, 04-Dec-2017, 01:51:22 (CET) |
The wApua source code, the wApua web and the wApua WAP pages
were all written with GNU Emacs.
The wApua logos were made with The GIMP (PNG and JPEG only; there
GIFs) and ImageMagick (WBMP).
This page is best viewed with
any browser, including
text-only browsers like